Pages

Sunday 28 January 2018

Day 4 - ( Turn of the Century ( 2000 - 2010 ) - ! Summer Learning Journey !

Week Four: Contemporary Kiwis

Day 4: Turn of the Century (2000-2010)

Day 4: Contemporary Entertainment

Activity 1: Moana

moana.jpg
In late 2016, the movie Moana was released by Disney. It’s a beautiful story about a young Polynesian girl from the fictional island of Motunui, who goes on a big adventure.

Watch the trailer for Moana and then write a summary of the movie on your blog. If you’ve seen the movie, you can include your favourite part! Tell us as much as you can about the movie. What is it about? Who are the main characters in the movie? What do they do in the movie? Where do they go?

Moana is a Polynesian girl that lives with her family on a Polynesian island of Motunui, the inhabitants worship the goddess Te Fiti, who brought life to the ocean, using a pounamu stone as her heart and the source of her power. Maui steals the heart to give humanity the power of creation. However Maui was , losing both his magical giant fishhook and the heart to the depths and The Te Fiti was Mad . . Everyone started noticing that the coconuts didn't grow and the fish was gone. Moana tried and tried to get enough food for her family. One night Moana was with her grandmother Tala she showed Moana something that her farther hided for a long time. Moana was shocked she always wanted to go past the reef but her farther disagreed because of some reason. Grandma Tala told Moana why her farther had put away the canoes. Moana was shocked at what she heard but she wanted to help. Her mother and Grandmother told her to go and tell Maui to take back the heat of Te Fiti. Off Moana went into the dark sea . To be Continued .

My Favourtive part was when Maui Gave the Te Fiti Back to Moana .




farmer.jpg
Activity 2: Country Calendar
Did you know that the longest running television show in New Zealand history is a programme called ‘Country Calendar’? It started on 6 March 1966 and has been running ever since. The programme includes stories of everyday New Zealanders, many of whom are farmers.

Watch this short clip from Country Calendar. What do you think would be the most interesting and/or challenging things about being a farmer? Would you would like to be a farmer when you are older. Why/why not? Give us, at least, two reasons to support your answer.

I Really Do not know if I Want to be a Farmer or Not . But I like to have at least a Week to have an experience what farmers do at the Farm to see what they do and How to do it . Also I would be Happy to see the Animals !!!

Bonus Activity: Singing a Different Tune

A number of New Zealand (NZ) singers and songwriters have recently burst onto the music scene, becoming popular both in NZ and overseas. One of these artists, Lorde, is gaining a lot of recognition for her unique style and songwriting ability. People all over the world seem to really like the lyrics (words) that she writes in her songs.

Think of your favourite song. Share the name of the song, the name of the person who wrote the song and the lyrics from the song on your blog. You must type the lyrics not cut and paste them in order to earn full points for the activity.

One of my Favourtive Songs is " Perfect " By Ed Sheeran

The Lyrics to " Perfect " By Ed Sheeran

Lyrics - I found love for me Darling just dive right in And follow my lead Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet I never knew you were the someone waiting for me Cause we were just kids when we fell in love Not knowing what it was I will not give you up this time But darling , just kiss me slow , your heart is all I own And in your eyes you're holding mine Baby , i'm dancing in the dark with yo between my arms Barefoot on the grass , listening to our favourite song When you said you looked a mess , I whispered underneath my breath But you heard it darling , you look perfect tonight Well I found a women , stronger than I know She shares my dreams , I hope that someday i'll share her home I found love to carry more than my secrets To carry love , to carry children of our own We were still kids , but we're so in love Fighting against all odds I know we'll be alright this time Darling , just hold my hands Be my girl , i'll be your man I see my future in your eyes Baby , i'm dancing in the dark , with you between my arms Barefoot on the grass , listening to our favourite song When I saw you in that dress , looking so beautiful I don't deserve this , darling , you look perfect tonight Baby , i'm dancing in the dark , with you between my arms Barefoot on the grass , listening to our favourite song I have faith in what I see Now I know I have met an angel person And she looks I don't deserve this You look perfect tonight

BONUS POINTS: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment