Pages

Tuesday 7 January 2020

Week 2 Day 5 Summer Learning Journey 2019 - 2020

WEEK 2: I HAVE A DREAM...
Politics and Activism
DAY 5: HUMANITARIAN HEROES
Activity 1 & 2 and 3 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 1: Everyday Heroes [4 points]
Every day, the men and women in the Emergency Services provide help and support people in New Zealand and around the world. At times, they have to risk their lives in order to save others.
Common Emergency Services include the Fire Service, the Police Force and the Ambulance Service. Other related services include the Air Ambulance, Search and Rescue, Coast Guard, Surf Lifesaving, and the Civil Defence (amongst others).
In Australia, Fire Services are currently fighting more than 150 wildfires burning in New South Wales, a province on the east coast of the country. The wildfires started in November 2019 and are not expected to stop for many weeks. It is a very challenging time for the men and women serving in the Emergency Services in Australia.
For this activity, please brainstorm at least five ways we could support the people who are affected by the fires in New South Wales, Australia. You could think of ways to raise money, things to send them, and ways to keep them feeling positive.
On your blog, share your brainstorm of ideas and create a video or audio recording of yourself explaining each idea.
*Remember to attribute any images that you borrow from the internet or from other people.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 1: Everyday Heroes [4 points]


Task Description : For this task I had to come up with 5 fundraising Ideas and I came up with 6 just one extra because I couldn't choose :) I enjoyed the part of coming up and finding out whats some cool ways on how to Fundraiser but also had fun picking out all the pictures too and writing all the descriptions as well!! I an't gotta lie but it took me 7 times to the records and descriptions said right and the 8th time it was the last one and it was done :) I deiced to put the Presentation and Video together because I wanted to give an option for you guys to choose :)
TIP - Always gave a explanation / description of why your fundraising and whats it going towards and why , this way the people will know its going to a very good cause !!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: Leading by Example [4 points]
Mother Teresa and Princess Diana were both people who wanted to do things to help others. They were very different people, however they both had a significant impact on the world.

Mother Teresa was born in Eastern Europe but decided at a young age that she wanted to be a missionary (a person who gets sent somewhere to share their religious faith and do charity work). She moved to India where she worked hard and cared for those who needed her the most. Her work was recognised by the Catholic Church, which gave her the title of ‘Saint’ Teresa.

Diana, while not officially a saint, was a real-life princess. In her role as a princess, she travelled the world raising awareness about a number of important issues. Through her work, Princess Diana helped the world to see that all people, including those affected by illness and disease, needed love and respect. Princess Diana and Mother Teresa both led by example with acts of kindness towards others.
For this activity, we would like you to follow in their footsteps and perform a random act of kindness.
On your blog, describe your random act of kindness. What did you do? How did the person react? How did it make you feel? *Please check out the Eye-Catching Blog Posts page for ideas!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: Leading by Example [4 points]
 Image Attribution - Image #1 - Image #2

Random act of Kindness , This one day me and my family went out in the Old Pap ( Old Papatoetoe - Reasoning behind it because there is two Papatoetoe one is a new one the original old one )  to grab some butter chicken with rice and we did. Until we saw this man sitting on the concrete on a nice sunny day and we felt sorry , so we all went to go to the takeaways that was across the road and get some hot deep fried chicken with some chips and once we got it we to the dairy to get him some drinks and some fresh bananas also because it was a hot day and he had no food once once we got all the things. Me , my Brother and sister had a item each and gave it to him and my brother gave $15 dollars to him to help him get food if he needs it or when he's hungry . After that my mum and dad wished him good luck and said a speech to him and after that He said " Thank you" with a big smile on his face and that made me feel over the moon because my family helped a human being that was struggling. Then we hopped into our car and drove passed him and we all waved and he waved back happily eating this fresh hot chicken!! This was a Kindness act that i'll never forget!
Task Description : This task is my favourtive because I got to tell and share what me and my family did as a random act of kindness! I loved that day till today because it was so touching and so unforgettable , even writing it and sharing my story it brang back memories of that day and how that man smile and made me joyful and what we did made his day!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: Choose your own
You have now made it to the end of Week 2 and have earned the chance to choose your very own politician or activist who you think has changed the world. There are no right or wrong choices for this activity, so find someone who interests you and tell us about them on your blog. It could be someone from your family, church, community and/or someone famous who you admire.
Here are some starting points in case you get stuck:
Bill English
Xi Jinping
Pania Newton
Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
Willie Apiata
Jane Fonda
Image Attribution: Question Marks Cartoon #2002177
For this activity, choose one person and read all about them. On your blog, provide us with:
The name of the person , A description of the work they do/have done . An explanation of how they/their work has had an impact on the lives of others *Remember to attribute any images that you borrow from the internet or from other people. *Please check out the Eye-Catching Blog Posts page for ideas!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: Choose your own
Task Description : This task was really touching because I had choosen Princess Diana , I choose her because is was a role model as well as a princess. I had to write why Princess Diana was a change maker in my eyes and here is what I have done! I did a pink theme since Princess Diana's favourtive colour is Pink!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall Task Description : This day for SLJ day 5 for Week 2 I learnt alot of things in this week of Week 2 SLJ my favourtive days out of all had to be Day 5 and 4 with touching storys and take God bless you and your family and friends and don't forget to stay tuned for more blog posts coming!!!backs and more!! filled with Fun! also Yes since I am going out of Auckland next week or the following week I am going to be posting 2 SLJ days in 1 real life day or if I have alot going on I will just do 1 SLJ day in 1 real life day! Today I did Day 4 & 5 Week 2 SLJ days and tommorw I'll be doing Day 1 & 2 Week 3 :) Thanks for Reading my Blog!!!

Want to Take Part in the Summer Learning Journey 2019 - 2020 ? Click here - SLJ 2019 - 2020 when you take part of the Summer Learning Journey you get points for completing the tasks given and commenting on other peoples blogs too . All kids from year 3 - 8 can join . Once the Summer Learning Journey Programme has come to an end they will tally up the points to see who placed #1st #2nd and #3rd and the Spot prizes :) Good Luck Everyone !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fact of the Day - Did you know that Her Wedding Dress Was The Longest In Royal History!
Question of the Day - What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?

8 comments:

  1. Mōrena Lillyana,

    How has your summer been? :)

    I really loved reading through all your activities. I can tell you are putting a lot of effort into each one! It's so heartbreaking what happened to Princess Diana. Do you follow the royal family? Or how did you find out about Diana's story? I'd love to hear.

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afternoon Erica ,
      My summer has been awesome but hot at the same time!! My dad was the one who told me about Princess Diana and what she did etc and I deiced to find out more, It was so sad how she died in a car crash:(
      Thanks for the comment Erica ,
      Lillyana

      Delete
  2. Talofa Lilyana! My name is Naomi from The University of Auckland and I have been so impressed by the quality of your writing, thinking and research for these SLJ Week 2 activities. I was especially appreciative of the choices you offered us as readers by creating an audio-based DLO (video and voice over) in addition to the extended writing of the slide presentation. Your reference to the Australian bush fires is very topical at the moment and like you, I think we will all be inspired to give to the firefighter and other volunteers in at least one of the ways you propose. I really do appreciate you going the extra mile in your work ethic as this is one of the attributes of a leader and will be a characteristic of your success in a future career and in life more generally. I would be very interested to hear some of your views on what you think is contributing to the scale and intensity of the Australian fires and what would need to be done in the future to limit the extreme dangers firefighters have been exposed to this year. Keep up the fabulous work as I will certainly be checking back to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talofa Naomi!
      Nice to meet you , Yes I am very interested in donating to help Australia! I'm planning to donate next week or today or Sunday!
      Thank you so much for your comment !
      Lillyana

      Delete
  3. Great collective activity posts Lilyana - which one did you enjoy completing the most? I really like activity 3...Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Heather ,
      Thanks you so much for the comment! My favourtive / enjoyable activity to create and do was Activty 3 for sure !!
      Kind Regards ,
      Lillyana

      Delete
  4. Hello Lillyana,

    I will be commenting on activity 1.

    You and your family should be proud! That is such an honourable thing to do. My dad and I had done the same thing last year! We bought Dave (we found out that his name is Dave) fried rice and a can of sprite.

    Keep being you! :)
    - Riiana

    ReplyDelete