Pages

Saturday 11 January 2020

Week 3 Day 5 Summer Learning Journey 2019 - 2020

WEEK 3: EXPERIMENTS AND GADGETS
Politics and Activism
 DAY 5: CREATIVITY +
Activity 1 & 2 and 3 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 1: Ministry of Inspiration [4 points]
So you might have heard of the Ministry of Education or the Ministry of Health, right? They are groups of people who give advice to the government. But have you heard of the Ministry of Inspiration? It sounds like fun, doesn’t it?! Well, this is a real organisation based in Nelson, New Zealand. Their aim is to get kids thinking creatively in the areas of science, technology, engineering, arts, maths and society
(STEAMS). The Ministry of Inspiration hosts many cool activities and events, including an Aquabot competition. Aquabots are underwater robots. Have you ever heard of them?
For this activity please watch this video about the Pasifika Aquabots competition that was held in Nelson. The students had to navigate their Aquabots around a swimming pool, collecting things and visiting different ‘islands.’
On your blog, tell us whether you would like to join an Underwater Robotics team at your school. Why or why not? *Please check out the Eye-Catching Blog Posts page for ideas!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 1: Ministry of Inspiration [4 points]
To be honest  I really don't know because one side of me wouldn't join the aquabots team for my school , because its not my type of thing that I would do or join . But the other side of me is like YEAH join because its always a first time for everything right? But even tho if I joined it would I wouldn't know what to do but looking at the video it seems fun but seems difficult since there are a lot of parts connected to one bot that goes underwater and since there;s a lot of parts there will be a lot of buttons controlling it right? But overall I would say I really truly don't know!!
Task Description : For this task I had to answer if I had the chance to join my schools team the Aquabots mainly robots made for under water team or not. Unfortunately I didn't get a answer because my mind wouldn't made its self up my sorry....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: Caine’s Arcade [4 points]
Caine Monroy is a 17 year old boy who lives in Los Angeles (L.A.), California. When he was younger, he spent his summer holidays at his dad’s work - an auto parts store in downtown L.A. While his dad was working, he decided to build himself something that he had always wanted - an arcade! He built an arcade all by himself out of cardboard boxes and things that he found lying around the shop.
One day a man came into the store to buy a handle for his car and he met Caine. Caine showed him what he had made and the man was so impressed with the arcade game that he made a movie about Caine and invited all the people in L.A. to come and play the games in Caine’s Arcade!
For this activity we would like to know about your favourite game. It can be a board game, a card game, a game that you play outside with friends (e.g., rugby) or a quiet game that you play by yourself.
On your blog, tell us about your favourite game. What is it called? How do you play it?
*Remember to attribute any images that you borrow from the internet or from other people.
*Please check out the Eye-Catching Blog Posts page for ideas!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: Caine’s Arcade [4 points]


Task Description : For this task I had to explain one of my favourtive Games and My favourtive game that I have choosen was Lami is what we me and my family call it but you also can call it Rummy!! This was the longest task to complete out of the three!! I have done 2 posters the first one explaining the Rules and How to set up the game and in the second poster I have explained how to play as well as the rules again and how to play and how to Lami to win the Game as well as what happens after each game! I definitely recommend you to try out this game with your Family and Friends for sure its FUN to play!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: Choose your own
You have now made it to the end of Week 3 and have earned the right to choose your very own scientist, technologist, or inventor who you think has changed the world. There are no right or wrong
choices for this activity, so find someone who interests you and tell us about them on your blog. It could be someone from your family, church or community or someone famous that you admire.
Here are some starting points in case you get stuck:
Taitusi Taufa , A J Hackett ,  Mana Vautier ,  Madame C. J. Walker ,  Te Rangi Hīroa and Mae Jemison
For this activity, choose one person and read all about them.
On your blog, provide us with:
The name of the person
A description of the work they do/have done
An explanation of how they/their work has had an impact on the lives of others *Remember to attribute any images that you borrow from the internet or from other people.
*Please check out the Eye-Catching Blog Posts page for ideas!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: Choose your own

  Task Description : For this task I had to choose someone in the list of people given or find my own and I had choosen Taitusi Taufa to write about. This task was every cool to interesting to find and hear about someone and there journeys!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall Task Description : Hey Blog Viewer! , This is Week 3 Day 5 for Summer Learning Journey 2019 - 2020 Completed! I would say my favourtive activity had to be Activty 2 because I got to explain my favourtive game to play with my family and friends and I really hope you guys can play and have fun!! If you do tell me how it went !!  On most days I am going to be posting 2 SLJ days in 1 real life day or if I have a lot going on I will just do 1 SLJ day in 1 real life day! I have finally competed Day 5 of  Week 3  .  Stay tuned because I will be posting Day 1 of Week 4 today later on !!!May God Bless you and your beautiful family and hope you have a great Afternoon and Please stay safe at all times!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fact of the day - Did you know that M&M's chocolate stands for the initials for its inventors Mars and Murrie?
Question of the day - Where are you from?

8 comments:

  1. WOW -Lillyana what a lot of activity posting! May I suggest that if you seperate them into individual posts you'd generate more traffic and interest in you blog = bigger audience! Sounds like aqua-robotics will be on the curriculum at PES this year Lillyana if you talk to Mr Burt...Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Heather for the comment!! Yes I will keep that in mind for sure!

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Lillyana,

    You have been working so hard on your activities, and it's so great to see! Ka pai.

    Thank you for sharing Taitusi Taufa's story. He sounds like an incredible human being that is working to help the greater good! How awesome. Does Taufa inspire you? If so, what does he inspire you to do? :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica ,
      Taufa Inspires me that anyone can do anything with there minds:)
      Thanks for the Comment ,
      Lillyana

      Delete
  3. Kia ora Lillyana,

    I am impressed at how wonderfully set-up activity 2 is. I've never heard of rummy until now. I might just try to get my family to play with me. How did your family find the game?

    Kind regards,
    Riiana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Riiana!
      Well my dad was the first one who told me how to play then we all started playing it , My dad didn't find the game but he played it back in the islands as well in new zealand and he brang it to play with my family :)
      I really hope you enjoy the game!
      - Lillyana

      Delete
    2. Hello Lillyana,

      Ohh okay! I haven't played it yet because everyone is too busy :(

      Thank you for responding to my comments!!

      - Riiana

      Delete
    3. Hi Riiana,
      Oh okay well all the best wishes from me to you whenever you have a time with your family :) also your welcome and thank you for responding back also :)
      All the best wishes ,
      Lillyana

      Delete