Pages

Sunday 30 December 2018

Day 1 - Swimming with the Fish - Week 2 : Water , Water , Everywhere - Summer Learning Journey 2018 - 2019

!!!SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY !!
WEEK 2 :  Water , Water , Everywhere
Day 1 : Swimming with the fish


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WEEK 2: Water, Water, Everywhere

Welcome to the second week of the Summer Learning Journey. We hope that you enjoyed learning about the amazing land habitats that we have here in New Zealand and overseas. This week we are going to  focus on water; the lakes, rivers and oceans that make up our beautiful country. Are you ready to jump in and get wet? Let’s hope you brought your togs!






DAY 1: Swimming with the Fish

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 1: Surfs Up! [4 points]
In New Zealand we have many beautiful beaches and stunning waterfalls. One of the most spectacular waterfalls is called Kitekite and it is located in Piha, a small village west of Auckland. Tourists and locals flock to Piha during the summer season to enjoy the waterfall, the local beach, and the great surf. Have you ever tried surfing? Although I have never surfed many of my friends have and they absolutely love it. In fact, it is their favourite summer activity! What is yours?
For this activity, please take a picture of yourself doing one of your favourite summer activities. It could be anything! Here is a picture of one of our team members (Laura) doing one of her favourite summer activities.
On your blog, post a picture of yourself doing one of your favourite summer activities. Below the picture tell us what the activity is and tell us why it is one of your favorites.
3 of my favourtive summer activities to do in the summer !!!

#1 - Camping

I love to camp in our backyard because its fun and we get to do all kind of things like making smores with a fireplace and doing karaoke with our family and having a laugh and most of all spending time with each other also we get to tell stories at night and lots more !!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: The Great Taupo Cycle Challenge [4 points]

Every year approximately 7500 people arrive in Taupo, New Zealand to compete in a one-day cycling race around Lake Taupo. The race route is 160 km in length. Participants can choose to compete in the full race or the half-race (80 km). Let’s imagine that you were given a free ticket to compete in the Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge next year and you were able to bring three people with you as your ‘support crew.’ Who would you bring with you?
If it was me, I would choose my son, Aronui, as one of my supporters because he’s really funny and energetic. I think that he would make sure that I had a great time and that I spent the entire day laughing and smiling. I would also choose my sister, Leigh, because she is very strong and fast. Thirdly, I would choose my co-leader, Hazel, because she is very organised and would make sure that we followed the trail and didn’t get lost!
On your blog, list the three people you would like to have on your Lake Taupo Cycle Race Support Crew. Tell us why you have chosen each person.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would pick my mum for my first option because she supports me for everything and more and she has did so much for me and that's why she is my first choice .
I would pick my Dad because he likes going outdoors and doing activity's and more and i think this is going to be the perfect trip for him .
Last but not least the rest of my family my Brother , Sister and my dog why you ask its because my brother and sister likes going on adventure just like my dad and for my dog he is just going to love it there and lets say you can't leave the rest of your family behind ..
This is going to be an great experience for me and my family to go out on a adventure to the Lake Taupo Cycle Race as we all love going outdoors !!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: Something Smells Fishy…[10 points]

One of the longest and largest rivers in the world is called the Amazon River. It is located in South America and is approximately 6400 kilometres (kms) long. That is four times longer than the entire country of New Zealand. Wow!
Scientists believe that there are over 3000 different kinds of fish that live in the Amazon River. Now, that is a lot of fish! To learn more about fish, we went online and found some really cool facts about fish.
For this activity, we are going to provide you with five sentences about fish. Some of them are true and some are them are not. It is your job to read these ‘facts’, and decide whether they are true or false.


On your blog, write out each fact and in CAPITAL LETTERS beside the fact, write the word ‘TRUE’ if it is a true fact or ‘FALSE’ if it is not true.
True or False?

Fish Fact #1: The oldest known fish in the world is a 65 year old Australian lungfish.
TRUE - The Australian Lungfish is infacted the known oldest fish in the World .
Fish Fact #2: Sharks are the only fish that have eyelids. TRUE - Sharks are the only fishes that have eyelids.
Fish Fact #3: Starfish are a type of fish.
FALSE - Starfish is not a Type of Fish .
Fish Fact #4: Fish communicate with each other by making low-pitched sounds (moans, hisses, etc)
FLASE - Because fishes don't have vocals but they can communicate to other fishes using there , croak, boom, hiss, whistle, creak and more !
Fish Fact #5: Fish usually swim together in groups called ‘classes.’
TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
task description : for this task we had to complete 3 tasks to move on to the next day which i have FINISHED em all !!!! this task i gotta say each day just gets harder and harder !!!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Lillyana,

    I absolutely loved this post that you shared with us about your favourite things to do in summer, your support crew for the Great Taupo Cycle Race and your fish facts. Like you, I absolutely love to go camping. In fact, my parents are both outdoor education teachers and we used to spend our summers (July and August) camping. My parents were employed to work over the summer in a big national park in Canada called Algonquin Park. They were paid to teach people how to paddle a canoe safely so my sister and I grew up in the park learning how to camp, how to canoe and how to stay safe in the out of doors. We used to make s'mores all of the time on a big campfire. I love them! Do you enjoy making s'mores?

    One of my friends, Amber, recently got married in Canada and I went home for the wedding and guess what she served for dessert at her fancy wedding reception? Yep, you guessed it - s'mores!

    I hope that you and your family have a great time camping this summer. Have a s'more for me!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahola Rachel ,

      Thank you so much for leaving me a comment on one of my Summer Learning Journey Post's and yes I love make S'mores because its a fun process to make it !!!

      Also Congrats for your Amber getting Married !!!

      Cheers ,
      Lillyana :)

      Delete