Pages

Tuesday 14 January 2020

Week 4 Day 3 Summer Learning Journey 2019 - 2020

WEEK 4: ALL THE WORLD'S A STAGE 
Arts and Entertainment
DAY 3: SCREEN LEGENDS
Activity 1 & 2 and 3 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 1: Talk Show Host [4 points]

Oprah Winfrey is a bit of a television legend! She is best known for her talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show which ran for 25 years. Some people have said that she is one of the most influential women in the world. She is certainly very successful and has spent a lot of time helping others.

Like so many others, Oprah had to work very hard for her success. She had to overcome challenges and she experienced many struggles during her life, however, she persisted and eventually became a radio presenter, TV news presenter, and daytime talk show host. She now owns her own production company (HARPO), and television station (OWN). She also produces a magazine called ‘O.’

Oprah is passionate about education. She believes in the power of learning and has even started her own school in South Africa called The Oprah Winfrey Leadership School for Girls. She is keen to provide young people with opportunities to follow their passions.
For this activity, we would love to know more about your interests (passions) and your future plans. What do you think that you would like to do when you are older? Do you have a specific job in mind?
On your blog, please tell us about your future plans (i.e. what you plan to do when you finish high school or college). Would you prefer to start working right away or to continue with your studies?
*Please check out the Eye-Catching Blog Posts page for ideas!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                 Activity 1: Talk Show Host [4 points]
Believe it not I actually planned out my future about at the end of last year but it was like Ideas. Well during college in about form 6 year 11 I am planning to start working part time for money just to help out my family and mostly my parents with there needs and helps. Probably after college I am still going to be working but also joining my Aunt's Work and help her out with that also. I don’t have a specif job I want to work for but I'll see. After College I will be still counting my studies but at The University of Auckland, located in the City for my studies of my Dream Job?! My Dream Job that I want to be working as is a Doctor or Nurse why? Because I want to give back to my family and friends and to the world for everything they have done and also save people's lives as part of being a doctor or nurse working at  the Auckland Middle more Hospital. Also probably in my free time I would do painting since I really love Painting and also spend some time with my family and friends as well as some alone time!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: Plot Points [4 points]
Lupita Nyong’o is a Mexican-Kenyan actress. She spent most of her childhood living in Kenya, Africa with her family. She is one of six children.
When she graduated from high school, she decided to move to the United States of America to follow her dreams of becoming an actress. She was cast in her first American film, East River, in 2008. She went on to write, produce and star in a number of films, including Black Panther and 12 Days a Slave, for which she won the 2013 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress (otherwise known as an ‘Oscar’). Not only did Lupita win the Oscar but she was the first ever Kenyan and/or Mexican woman to win the award. Amazing ‘eh?!

Over the past few years Lupita has continued to act, she has earned a masters degree from Yale University and has written a children’s book called Sulwe. She has also written and produced her own movies.
For this activity, imagine that you had the chance to write your own movie. What would it be about? Who would be your main characters? What are the important events that would take place? On your blog, provide a synopsis (overview) of your movie. In particular, tell us the name of your movie, the main events that take place in your movie and the names of the main characters. If you wish, you could do this as a storyboard.
*Remember to attribute any images that you borrow from the internet or from other people.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Activity 2: One Friday on a Fate of a Fight [4 points]
Task Description : For this task I got the Chance to plan out my own Movie if I had the chance too create it and this is what I had came up with! This Movie is all Based on Action since Action is one of my favourtive times of movies to watch. I Had a mixed of my favourtive Characters from different kinds of Movies and put all of my fav characters and actors into one whole movie!! I really had so much fun with this activity and this is my fav one even tho it was the longest to do :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: Feast or Famine [6 points]
Julian Dennison is a very funny guy! He is from Lower Hutt, near Wellington. He is only 17 years old but he has already starred in a number of movies and TV commercials. You may have seen him on Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Deadpool, or in the Lynx ads.

Julian is not only a funny actor. He recently joined up with World Vision to be a 40 Hour Famine Ambassador. He travelled with World Vision to Uganda to meet some of the refugees from South Sudan who are living there. Check out this video.
For this activity, we would like to know if you would consider doing a 20 or 40 Hour Famine to raise money for charity.
On your blog, tell us whether, or not, you would participate in 20 or 40 Hour Famine. If you have already participated in a 20 or 40 Hour Famine, please share your experience, including why you decided to participate and some highlights and challenges of the experience. To get full points, please provide at least six sentences. *Please check out the Eye-Catching Blog Posts page for ideas! Fun Fact: Julian is a twin! His brother, Christian, is pretty different to Julian. He wants to study law and Te Reo Māori at university and then be a politician. Clever guy!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                           Activity 3: Feast or Famine [6 points]
Task Description: For this task I had to explain weather I would like to join the 20 or 40 Hour Famine! I choosen the 40 hour Famine. I really didn't have that much to explain and my reasons since iv'e never joined any Hour Famine before :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall Task Description: YESSS I'M BACK! It feels so good to be back up and blogging again!! Today's Summer Learning Journey was pretty cool even tho it took me a long time! My Favourtive Activty that I enjoyed had to be Activty #2 for the best out of all the actives!!
I might be posting Day 4 Week 4 today but if not tomorrow it all depends because I really busy though Wed - Sat but anyways May God Bless you and your family and hope you have a peaceful Afternoon and Please stay safe at all times and where ever you traveling and also have a good night everyone !!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fact of the day - Did you know that 85% of plant life is found in the ocean?


Question of the day - Whats your Lucky Number?


8 comments:

  1. Mōrena Lillyana,

    Thank you for completing the activities for Week 4, Day 3. You're doing such a great job! :)

    I really enjoyed reading about your dreams for the future. It's always nice to have ideas of what you want to do moving forward, so you can try to set yourself to achieve your goals and aspirations! I really like how want to help your family and friends. That is so lovely!

    What made you want to become a nurse? :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good After Noon Erica ,
      Thanks for the amazing comment you have written! What made me want to become a nurse? I think becoming a nurse was part of my dream job in my younger ages and thinking about giving back and if like my familys sick then i'll be there to help because im a nurse:)
      Enjoy the rest of your day:)
      Lillyana

      Delete
    2. Mōrena Lillyana,

      I think that's a fantastic reason to want to become a nurse. I'm sure your family will love your generousity and kindness if they ever got unwell. I actually considered becoming a nurse too! :)

      Do you enjoy science as a subject? It comes in handy with nursing :)

      Nga mihi
      Erica

      Delete
    3. Hey Erica ,
      I really don't mind Science , but I kinda don't like the subject that much but you know you gotta do what you gotta do in order for the job :)
      Thanks ,
      Lillyana

      Delete
    4. Kia ora Lillyana,

      Exactly. I'm sure you'll be great at anything you put your mind to! :)

      Nga mihi
      Erica

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Lillyana!

    You really went all-out on activy 2! I love how you added photos of who you wanted to play what role and where everything was going to happen. Ooo it gets a bit more intense! If you don't mind me asking how does the movie end? Does anyone trying to make up with someone?

    My lucky number is 7. How about you?

    Kind regards,
    Riiana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Riiana!
      Sorry for the late reply! Umm the ending part is where one team dies and the other team is not knowing that the main leader of team 2 is still alive and it was all a set up because he had a twin but his original team died and he came for his revenge on Team 1 :) so there are likely going to be other parts of the movie like part 1 2 3 and so on !! Thank you for commenting on my blog!!
      My lucky number is 24 :)

      Kind Regards ,
      Lillyana

      Delete