Pages

Wednesday 15 January 2020

Week 4 Day 5 Summer Learning Journey 2019 - 2020

WEEK 4: ALL THE WORLD'S A STAGE 
Arts and Entertainment
DAY 5: DANCING QUEENS
Activity 1 & 2 and 3 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 1: The World of Hip Hop [4 points]
Parris Goebel has taken over the world of dance! You might already have heard of her as she is pretty famous in New Zealand and around the world.

Parris was born in Manurewa, South Auckland, and she is of Samoan/Chinese/Scottish descent. Parris loved dancing when she was very little and she began hip-hop lessons when she was 10. By the age of 15 she was so good that she started her own all-girl dance crew called ReQuest, and they went on to win several first places at the World Hip-Hop Championships.
Parris later started The Palace Dance Studio in Auckland, and formed five more dance crews that won competitions worldwide. She has also worked as a choreographer for famous musicians like Justin Beiber, Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, and Janet Jackson. In 2019, Parris and her new dance crew, The Royal Family, won the World Hip Hop Dance Championship.

For this activity, watch this video of their award winning performance. What do you like about the performance? What did the dance crew do well? What could they work on?

On your blog, write a review of The Royal Family performance. Please talk about the dance, dancers, costumes, and the music. What did you like? What didn’t you like as much? What do you think could have been improved?

*Remember to attribute any images that you borrow from the internet or from other people.
*Please check out the Eye-Catching Blog Posts page for ideas!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 1: The World of Hip Hop [4 points]
Task Description : For this task I had to give my feed back on The Royal Family Dance Crews Performance! I had trouble watching the video in my school acc so I had to log off and watch it on Guest because it was restricted so yeah. But I enjoyed it tho :) 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: En Pointe [4 points]
Most successful ballerinas start learning ballet when they are very young - 3 or 4 years old. World famous ballerina, Misty Copeland, wasn’t like most other girls. Instead of starting at age 3, she started ballet lessons at age 13!

By 14, Misty had won a national competition for ballet dancers. She continued to work very hard and, in 2015, she became the first African Amercian principal (lead) dancer of the Amercian Ballet Theatre - this is amazing because there were, and still are, very few African American ballet dancers in the country. When interviewed, Misty has said that she would like people to be able to “see dreams through me”. This is an example of an inspirational quote. Please click on this link to read more inspirational quotes.

For this activity, please choose your favourite inspirational quote from this website. Create a text graphic using this quote.
On your blog, share your text graphic and underneath it, explain what it means to you.
*Remember to attribute any images that you borrow from the internet or from other people.
*Please check out the Eye-Catching Blog Posts page for ideas!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: En Pointe [4 points]
Task Description : For this task I had to pick one of my fav inspirational quotes from the site that was given! I know I was suppose to do it on google docs but I had 3 and just couldn't pick so I deiced to make a presentation I hope that's fine:) I really enjoyed this task!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: Concluding the Journey [6 points]
Sadly, the Summer Learning Journey has now come to an end. It is time to reflect on everything that you have learned this summer about people who have had an impact, or changed the world, in some way.

For this activity, please reflect on your experience with the Summer Learning Journey programme this year.
On your blog please tell us:
Which activity you enjoyed the most
Which activity you enjoyed the least
Three things that you learned while completing the programme
What changes/improvements you would make to the programme for next year
*Remember to attribute any images that you borrow from the internet or from other people.
*Please check out the Eye-Catching Blog Posts page for ideas!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: Concluding the Journey [6 points]

Which activity you enjoyed the most :
I think the activity that I enjoyed the most out of all had to be Creating my own Movie and Designing my Own Tapa , I picked those too because they were my favourtive two that had loads of fun!

Which activity you enjoyed the least:
To be honest , I don’t think I didn’t enjoy any activity because Every activity was pretty cool with funness!

Three things that you learned while completing the programme:
#1 - I learnt something new about arts and graffiti and how there were background stories behind there arts , because in my mind I thought they just did it for fun so yeah :)
#2 - I also learnt some new things about new people or celebraites that I didn’t know about and got to learn more about them!!
#3 - But overall I did learn new things though every activity and every week and every day. Every day I got to learn new things and everyday I got excited because I knew that there was something new to learn and find out and explore!!

What changes/improvements you would make to the programme for next year:
I think that you guys did a great job with SLJ for 2019 - 2020 , I suggest that you guys could make the SLJ Program a bit Longer so that way I can do more and it could neverr enddd:)

I just want to say a big Thank - you to the Summer Learning Journey Team for 2019 - 2020 I really appreciate that you guys take your time of your day to do this!! Thank you so muchh!! I really enjoyed my Last year doing the SLJ programm!!! Thanks Alottt SLJ TEAMM!!!

Task Description : For this task I had to write and Concluding the Journey of SLJ 2019 - 2020 , I had a great time doing the program for sure! It was a hell of a roller coaster ride!! Thanks alot SLJ Teamm!! Best for luck for you and your Future!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall Task Description : This is a sad ending that this is my last Summer Learning Journey for the summer as because I am going college next year and this is the last , I learnt so much and Thank you summer Learning Journey for everything! Also Thank you Blog Viewers for looking at my posts and commenting!!Have a Great night with your Family and Friends and May God Bless you and your family and Friends and stay safe where ever your going!! Also I will be posting though out my rest of my Holidays also !! Have a good rest of your holidays everyone!

Give it a go :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fact of the day - Did you know that It's believed that the candy bar was invented in England in 1847.

Question of the day - What is your favorite music?

Question of the day for SLJ peps -  SLJ Question - Did you join the SLJ Program or help with the Program? If you did what was your fav part of the Program? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's me Lillyana Clocking n out for Summer Learning Journey 2019 - 2020 
Peace :)

6 comments:

  1. Mōrena Lillyana,

    You did it! You completed all the activities. Ka pai! :)

    I'm glad you enjoyed working through the Summer Learning Journey. The activities are so much fun. I really enjoyed reading through your blog posts, and I still have more to read through which I'm looking forward to!

    I really enjoyed looking at the Tapa and the movie you created. I'm glad they were your favourite activities, and equally I'm glad you enjoyed ALL of the activities and found them fun! We never want the Summer Learning Journey to end either :)

    Please keep rechecking your blogs - people will be leaving you comments and I'm sure they'd love to hear back from you. Also, commenting on others who have left questions or comments on your SLJ to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fakalofa Lahi Atu Erica ,
      Thank you so much for the comment and yes I will keep that in mind:)
      Kind Regards ,
      Lillyana

      Delete
  2. Hello Lillyana!

    A big congratulations on finishing the SLJ!! You really ended it off with a bang! I have to go back and check out the rest of your posts!

    That's awesome how you've decided to add in more inspirational quotes! I like the quote on slide 3, "Choose your friends with caution, plan your future with purpose, and frame your life with faith."
    I agree with your view on what the quote means.

    Again, congratulations on finishing the SLJ! Happy holidays!! :D
    - Riiana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Riiana ,
      Nice to meet you!
      Thanks for the beautiful comment!
      -Lillyana

      Delete
  3. Well done on posting, continuing to participate and completing the SLJ this year. What could you do to be a climate changemaker Lilyana? Keep re-checking your blogging and commenting on others and reply to ALL comments on your activities to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather for the comment , I really haven't thought of what I could do next to be a climate changemaker but I am working towards and finding out what my next step will be :)
      Kind Regards ,
      Lillyana

      Delete