Pages

Saturday 11 January 2020

Week 4 Day 1 Summer Learning Journey 2019 - 2020

WEEK 4: ALL THE WORLD'S A STAGE 
Arts and Entertainment
DAY 1: BOOKWORMS
Activity 1 & 2 and 3 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 1: Rags to Riches [4 points]
J. K. Rowling is one of the most well known authors in the world. She wrote the Harry Potter series of books. Over 500 million copies of her books have been sold, making J. K. Rowling the world’s first billionaire author.
While she was writing the first Harry Potter book, she was a single mum with very little money. She used to write while her daughter Jessica was asleep. She used her initials ‘J.K.’ instead of her name (Joanne) because her publisher thought that boys might not want to read a book written by a woman.
J. K. Rowling has done many interviews which have revealed things about her as a writer and as a person. One of these interviews was conducted by a very famous television personality, Oprah Winfrey (you can find more about her on Day 3, Activity 1!).
As well as books needing to be engaging and interesting for the reader, it is important that they are engaging and interesting on the cover too. We sometimes say “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover” but we often choose books (if we don’t know much about them) when they have an attractive cover!
For this activity, design a book cover for your favourite book. You will need to think about what needs to be on the cover (the title, author, illustrator), pictures, colour, etc. Please create all of the images yourself (draw or photograph) rather than using images that you find online. On your blog, share the book cover you have designed.
*Please check out the Eye-Catching Blog Posts page for ideas!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 1: Rags to Riches [4 points]
Image Attribution - Wolfs
Task Description : For this task I had to create my own Book cover! I deiced to go with one of my favourtive books to read " Spirit Animals". First off I had to create a google docs then made it into a book cover then picked a background I deiced to go with a sunset with a sun at the back and Wolfs standing on the mountain . I had to create another Google Drawing and to the side of the book which is the colorful rainbow the the text Spirit Animals. Then added some lines to make the Wolfs stick out after that I had to put it the design or inspiration of the books name " Spirit Animals " and then added the Illustrator and Author - Finally the second to last step was making the pages out rectangles but make it into line but a kinda think one and coloured it a cream colour and copied and paste it again and again . The Finally step was adding the black lines and making it look like a book and there is the Finish Book Cover!! This had to be my favourtive since I got to design and be Creative and it was also fulfilled with loads of fun even tho it was the longest to complete!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: Romeo and Juliet [4 points]
William Shakespeare (1564-1616) was an author, poet and playwright. He is best known for the plays that he wrote while living in England in the 16th Century. Although they were written a long time ago, they are still popular because they talk about things that are familiar to us - love, revenge, confusion, betrayal, jealousy, hurt, etc. You might have heard of some of his plays: Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, King Lear. Many of them have also been made into movies.
Shakespeare wrote his plays in English, however, it is not the same version of English that we have now. In fact, many of the words that we use today, in 2019, weren’t used back in 1600 (and vice versa). For this activity, we would like you to learn more about ‘Shakespearean English’ - the version of English that Shakespeare used to write his plays. To do this, please write a short recount about what you did this morning in regular (2019) English, and then use this translating tool to turn it into Shakespearean English. On your blog, share both your English and Shakespearean translation of your recount.
Here is an example:
This morning I got up early when my daughter Laila woke up. We had a delicious breakfast of steaming hot porridge before heading out the door to start the day. It was cold, sunny and clear outside.

This m'rning I did get up early at which hour mine own daught'r Laila did wake up. We hadst a delicious breakfast of steaming hot p'rridge bef're heading out the doth'r to starteth the day. T wast bitter cold, sunny and cleareth outside.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: Romeo and Juliet [4 points]
My Morning - English Version
Waking up to a beautiful sun awaiting for me to get out of bed.Once I finally deiced to get out of bed , I went to the kitchen and had fruit and water for breakfast and ate a bit of chocolate hehehe. After that I went to go and brush my teeth in the bathroom then go to my room and do my hair as well as get ready for the day. Then I cleaned up my room as well as the house. After all that cleaning I chilled out in my bed and started to wonder what should I do.

         My Morning - Shakespearean Version
Waking up to a quite quaint travelling lamp awaiting f'r me to receiveth out of sleep chamber. Once i finally deic'd to receiveth out of sleep chamber , i wenteth to the kitchen and hadst fruit and wat'r f'r breakfast and consumed a did bite of chocolate hehehe.  Aft'r yond i wenteth to wend and brusheth mine own teeth in the bathroom then wend to mine own cubiculo and doth mine own hair as well as receiveth eft f'r the day.  Then i did clean up mine own cubiculo as well as the house.  Aft'r all yond cleaning i chill'd out in mine own sleep chamber and did start to wond'r what shouldst i doth.

Task Description : Writing my how my morning went was pretty simple and cool but once I changed it into Shakespearean's Version of Writing was very interesting and kinda hard to read considering its very different. I liked this task since I learn another cool way of saying and learn a new language that got created by a person!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: The Diary of Anne Frank [6 points]
Anne Frank was a very brave girl. She was born and raised in a Jewish family in Germany in the 1930s. When World War II started, Anne and her family were forced to hide because the German
politicians (Nazis) did not like Jewish people. She and her family hid out in a secret room in their house for two full years. During this time, Anne wrote in a diary. When the war ended, Anne’s dad found the diary and made it into a book. He called it The Diary of Anne Frank or The Diary of a Young Girl.
I know lots of people who keep a diary. Often they will record what they did during the day or recount stories about special events that have taken place.
For this activity, we would like you to imagine that you have a diary. In your diary please write a story about your most extraordinary day. What happened? You can tell us about an actual event or you can make one up. It’s totally up to you! Please be as creative as you can.
On your blog, post a diary entry about your extraordinary day. Please start your post with the words “Dear Diary”. *Please check out the Eye-Catching Blog Posts page for ideas!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: Dear Diary...... [6 points]


Task Description : Tis task was really cool, This Writing is based on a narrative please keep in mind:) I deiced to pick a random day which was my birthday number 24 and started writing. I also deiced to put a sneak peak of day 24 because when you find a dairy you read it right then when you hear the owner come and you stop yeah , I deiced to go with that type of Dairy topic just a heads up . I wrote most parts of it but then stopped at a interesting point to keep all yous guessing what happened.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall Task Description : This was such a fun day to complete!! My favourtive Activty had to be all of them but mostly I enjoyed Activty 1 for sure! On most days I am going to be posting 2 SLJ days in 1 real life day or if I have a lot going on I will just do 1 SLJ day in 1 real life day! I competed Day 1 of  Week 4 and altogether I have Completed Day 5 of Week 3 and Day 1 of Week 4 together in one day just in different time periods! Don't forget to Stay tuned because I will be posting Day 2 and 3 of Week 4 tomorrow !!! God Bless you and your family and hope you have a beautiful Night and Please stay safe at all times and have a good sleep!

~Its not too Late to JOINNN~
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fact of the day - Did you know that Dark Chocolate Is As Healthy As Fruit?

Question of the day - Who is your Favourtive Superhero?

6 comments:

  1. Yet again Lillyana...nice book cover, great Shakespearean English translation and awesome diary entry. Which was your favourite? I really like the time you have taken on your book cover, it looks so realistic and book shelf worthy! Keep blogging...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather!
      My Favourtive one had to be also the book cover!
      Thanks ,
      Lillyana

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Lillyana,

    What an awesome book cover! What is the book about? I'd love to know :)

    Wow, Lillyana. That was a very captivating diary entry. I almost thought you were about to share what happened! But I guess we'll never know. Awesome diary entry.

    Which activity did you enjoy doing the most?

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Erica ,
      So the book Spirit Animals is about they have missions to complete and there like Spirit Animals with some types of magic. Yes I deiced to leave a very interesting end to my Diary because I wanted to do a sneak peak. The Activty I enjoyed the most was the book cover:)
      Thanks for the Comment as well as sorry for the late reply,
      Lillyana

      Delete
  3. Hello Lillyana!

    Can I just say that the way you started off your recount reminded me of a Disney movie. Don't we all just eat a tiny bit of unhealthy food on some mornings lmao.

    Great work once again!
    - Riiana

    ReplyDelete