Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2019

Day 1 Preserving the Past - Week 4 Protect and Preserve - Summer Learning Journey 2018 - 2019

W.A.L.T - TO COMPLETE ALL THE SLJ ACTIVITY'S

!!!SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY !! 
WEEK 4 : Protect and preserve
DAY 1 - preserving the past

 Activity  - #1 & #2 & #3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WEEK 4: Protect and Preserve

Over the past three weeks we have been learning about our amazing environment(s). There are so many incredible plants, animals, and natural wonders to enjoy here on earth. If we want to keep enjoying them, however, we need to be careful and thoughtful about what we do and how we act. 

This week we are going to talk about what we can do to protect, preserve, and sustain our natural world. We are going to become ‘nature ninjas!’
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 1: Preserving the Past
Activity 1: World of Wearable (WOW) Art [4 points]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   

If we want to protect our natural world, we must be thoughtful about what we make, how we make it and how we dispose of it (throw it away). At the moment, the waste in New Zealand is separated into two main categories: 1. Recycled items (eg. bottles, cans, paper) and, 2. Non-recycled items (rubbish). Most of the rubbish is collected by rubbish trucks and taken to a rubbish tip (landfill) where it is dumped and never used again. Much of the recycled material is to taken to a place where it is sorted, separated and sent out to be used again.

The idea of reusing materials was taken to a whole new level by a woman named Dame Suzie Moncrieff who, thirty years ago, created an event in New Zealand called the ‘World of WearableArt’ (WOW). WOW takes place in Wellington (and in other cities) every year. Artists from around the world create outfits made entirely from recycled materials. 

Let’s imagine that you were invited to this year’s WOW awards and you were able to interview the creator.

On your blog, list five interview questions that you would like to ask Dame Suzie Moncrieff. 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Task for World of Wearable (WOW)


Task Description : For this task we had to come up with 5 questions to ask Dame Suzie Moncrieff and this is what i have done instead of doing 5 i deiced to do 8 in a google drawings .... Hope ya enjoy !!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: Guardians of the Sea [4 points]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the largest rivers in New Zealand is called the Waikato River. It is found in the central part of the North Island of New Zealand. The river (awa) was given the name ‘Waikato’ (meaning flowing water) by a group of men and women from the Tainui iwi who, legend has it, travelled down the Waikato years ago and settled in the area. According to Māori legend, the Waikato River has hundreds of taniwha (mythical water spirits) living in it, guarding the sea. 

Unfortunately, the Waikato River has become polluted in recent years and is, sometimes, closed to the public. This is very upsetting for many people, especially for those who believe that taniwha live in the river. Please click here to read about taniwha and watch this short video about taniwha

Once you have finished learning about taniwha go to your blog. 

On your blog tell us whether, or not, you believe that taniwha exist. Be sure to explain to us why you feel this way.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Task for Guardians of the Sea

From my Point of view i think the Taniwha does exist because i feel like in every picture and story it sounds real and looks real to me , whenever a story has been readied to us imagine it in my head and i take the picture and put it my head and keep the story real in my head while it is reading in real life . Also I have done a bit of researching if the Taniwha does exist and it does suprisely it does because it lives in the sea deep water .

Task Description : For this task we had to tell the  readers if we think that the Taniwha does exist or doesn't .  As you can see my point of view i said yes . What would you say Taniwha does exist or Not ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: The Sky in Shanghai [10 points]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One day I would really like to travel to China. It is a country with a rich history, vibrant cities, tasty food, and fascinating architecture (buildings). Unfortunately, some of the largest Chinese cities have high rates of air pollution. The air pollution in Beijing, one of the largest cities in China, can get so bad that roads are closed, flights are cancelled and events are postponed while they wait for the smog in the air to clear. The terrible pollution is also having fatal (deadly) effects as, approximately, 1.1 million people in China died last year from air pollution-related causes. The Chinese government is very concerned and they have introduced a number of strategies (ideas) to reduce the pollution levels. Imagine that you were asked to travel to Beijing. How would you feel?


On your blog, write a poem that describes your feelings about travelling to Beijing, China..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Task for The Sky in Shanghai 

Traveling to Beijing ,
My Flight was a bit Rocky
I was wondering Why i looked out and
 I saw The Roads and it was all Cracked in Half !!!
I got out of the Plane and Ran to safely
I realized there were no safely so I deiced to walk around Beijing
Walking around , Families were running because of this Major Happenings
The air was Grey and Polluted with different kinds of Air .
Everyone was finding anything they needed
I deiced to go back on my flight and go back to my Home

The End 

Task Description: For this task we had to write a Poem of ourselfs going to Beijing in China that Describes our feelings about the place that was Air Polluted and Roads Cracked and more , I hope you enjoyed my Poem about Beijing !!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Task Description : Welcome to another post of SLJ Day 1 Week 4 , Overall the task's was pretty fun because i got to do lots of things that include learning  , We had to complete 3 activity which was World of Wearable (WOW) Art [4 points] and Activity 2: Guardians of the Sea [4 points] and Activity 3: The Sky in Shanghai [10 points] , I really enjoyed the 3rd activity because we got to fly out to Beijing and express our feelings there but in a poem !!! God bless you and your family and friends and don't forget to stay tuned for more post's coming !!! Bye for now everyone !!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lillyana,

    This is Ms Nalder - I used to teach at Pt England School. I don't work there anymore because I am looking after my baby called Laila, and also working for the Summer Learning Journey. It's great because I get to read your blogs!

    You have done so much work on the Summer Learning Journey already - congratulations!

    You have asked Suzie Moncrieff some really good questions. I particularly like the first one about what inspires her to make dresses out of recycled materials. This would be an interesting interview.

    I enjoyed reading your poem about Beijing. You have done well describing a place you haven't been to - that's a pretty tricky task! Have you looked at any images of Beijing? It looks like a MASSIVE city! Interestingly, not many of the images show the pollution. I wonder if it is worse sometimes more than others?

    I like the way you have thought through your answer about whether taniwha are real. It is good to have an opinion and to have reasons to back up your opinion. It is also good to be able to see another point of view.

    I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    Best wishes,
    Ms Nalder

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Lillyana,

    I am back, with another comment. You are doing such an amazing job with your blogging. Every one of your posts were done perfectly well and was made up to a really high standard, I bet once you get back to school your work or learning will be well extended. Besides that, I've got to say that I really loved your post of, Week 4: Day 1. I would firstly like to say congrats on completing this task, You are so active when it comes to blogging aren't you. After reading each and everyone of your posts I couldn't choose my favourite one, so here's what I did:

    Activity 1: Your first activity about Interviewing Dame Suzie Moncrieff was excellent work. I really like how you've kept it simple and how you've added on 3 more questions to the 5 we were meant to do, see how I mean when you are so active when it comes to blogging. Well that is what I meant.

    Activity 2: Activity 2 was really cool to hear about your final answer weather Taniwha's are real or not. You have made a good point of why you chose yes, The point I saw was that every picture you see looks and sounds surprisingly real. This was such an awesome post, Well done Lillyana!

    Activity 3: Your final activity, Activity 3 was also done well. Your poem was done awesomely and impressively great, amazing job. When I got to this task I had no clue what to do for this poem as I didn't know what to say/do. If you didn't know, Poems are not my thing but once I did this activity I was glad and surprised on how I finished it. How did you feel about your poem?

    Overall I really think you have done a perfect job with every activity of not only this post but the others as well. Congrats on finishing you are amazing. Keep up the awesome work, hope to see you soon and hope to see more blogging as well.

    Yours Sincerely,
    Hinerangi

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Lillyana, I'm Melita from Christ The King school. First of all congratulations on completing your post. I liked how you used correct grammar and punctuation. I also liked how you gave your answers in detail. Keep up the great work.

    Blog you later

    ReplyDelete