Pages

Monday 7 January 2019

Day 3 Taking Flight - Week 3 : Up , Up and Away - Summer Learning Journey 2018 - 2019

!!!SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY !! 
WEEK 3 - Up , Up and Away
Day 3 - Taking Flight

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

DAY 3: Taking Flight

Activity 1: Bird of the Year! [4 points]


Aotearoa New Zealand is home to many different kinds (species) of native birds.  Sadly, about a third of our native bird species are at risk of disappearing forever (becoming extinct).
Each year, Forest and Bird New Zealand hold a ‘Bird of the Year’ competition where people can vote for their favourite native bird. This year, the winner was the kererū (or woodpigeon).
Go onto the Bird of the Year website, look through the native birds on the site, and choose one that interests you.
On your blog, write a short description of your bird. Where does your bird normally live? What does your bird normally eat?  Post a picture of the bird underneath your description. Be sure to attribute your picture properly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image Attribution : Black-fronted Tern (Tarapirohe) , By Rebecca Bowater  is licensed under http://nzbirdsonline.org.nz/species/black-fronted-tern








Task Description : For this task we had to look for a bird we like on Birds of the year website and I had created it in a Google Drawings and as you can see I have chosen the Black - Fronted Tern , After that I did a Title then added my picture of my bird and Image Attribute it on top of the poster then I wrote an Description of my bird i have chosen 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: Flying Foxes [4 points]
Not only is New Zealand home to many native birds but we also have a number of native bats. Some of these bats are really small while others are much larger. None, however, are as large as the largest bat in Australia. It is called the flying fox (pictured below) and it has a wingspan of up to 6 feet or 2 metres. Wow! That is taller than most of us!

Flying foxes usually sleep during the day and hunt for food at night, using their ears to guide them through the darkness. Like other bats, they have the best hearing of any mammal. It is their ‘superpower.’
If you could have a superpower, what would it be? If I could choose, I would like to be able to fly. It would make it possible for me to fly back to Canada and visit my family whenever I wanted. How amazing would that be?!
On your blog, tell us what superpower you would like to have and why you’d like to have it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Dream Superpower is to have Wishes ( Example : I wish to ..... ) Yep that kind of wish why you ask it is because its an amazing power to have like if you want to fly you just say I wish I could fly ....... where ever you like to fly , or maybe when your lazy you can just say I wish to eat ..... but If this power Came true I would use it wisely and not for random things , (Fun Fact ) Wishes has been my Super powers for more than 2 years !!!

Task Description : For this task we had to write about what kind of super power we would want and as you can see mine is wishes !!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: Wind Beneath My Wings [10 points]
Birds and bats are just two species of animal that are able to fly. Did you know that some fish, squirrels and snakes are also able to fly? Check out the ‘Top 10 Flying Animals of the World’ website to learn more about these incredible animals.
Once you have explored the site, choose one animal and create a digital learning object (DLO, eg. a poster) that tells us all about the animal. Be sure to include at least three interesting facts and a picture or two of your animal! Please follow these instructions for attributing your pictures properly.
Here is an example of a DLO that was created about lions.
On your blog, post a final copy of your DLO..


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Task Description : For this task we had to create or write some facts about our animal that we have chosen ( example : like Fish ) then you would write a couple of facts of fishes that you have chosen . If we had used images then we have to image attribute it :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Task Description : Sorry everyone for not posting its because i am really busy with family things or need to be places , For this whole task we had to complete Day 3 and 3 activity's which was  Activity 1: Bird of the Year! & Activity 2: Flying Foxes & Activity 3: Wind Beneath My Wings before we could move on to the next day anyways god bless ya and ya family and ya friends and have a blessed day also don't forget to stay tuned for more post's coming ( 2moro day 4 is coming ) like this one , Have a Happy blessed Day everyone !!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 comments:

  1. Hey lillyana, It is ok that you have been busy , because I have also been busy with New years and much more. I really do love you super power because when you need help or you are very busy just make a wish , and Kapow. Your wish has come true.

    Keep up the great work Lillyana you are doing great!

    Your sincerely
    Sonnia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sonnia ,

      Thank you for the nice comment !!! what is your dream super powers to have ????

      Your Sincerely ,
      Lilly

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Lillyana,

    I am really loving the blog posts you have currently achieved/posted. Your such an incredible blogger. I really love activity 3 about Flying Snakes. The activity that was given to you, you have completed it really well. Congratulations on finishing todays activity, Well Done! Keep up the great work and hope to see more from you soon.

    Your's truly,
    Hinerangi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, hello again Lillyana, it's Billy here again from the Summer Learning Journey team. Thanks for sharing your favourite superpower - wishes. Very clever, this allows you to technically have any superpower you could ever want!

    Flying would probably be more my first choice for a wish as well. I have some relatives in Canada too, I'd definitely fly over and visit them. I'd love to travel to some secluded tropical islands as well. That would be nice for a holiday.

    What would your second wish be?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Billy ,
    Thanks for the comment !!! My second wish would have to be to take my whole family on a Vacation for sure and my third one has to be Helping the Homeless people around my Area and Home !!! God bless you and your family and friends and always stay safe !!!

    Kind Regards ,
    Lillyana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lillyana!

    Woah another full day of activities! Awesome work, what a champ! :)

    Activity One:
    Great presentation on this activity - This is a beautiful DLO!
    You are right too that is a lot of names :)
    I like that you have shared your reason for picking the Black - Fronted Tern, ka pai!

    Do you have a pet bird at home?
    I had a pet bird when I was younger called Petrie after the dinosaur from 'Land Before Time' : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnjrwacqDLc
    Funny name aye :)

    Activity Three:
    This is an awesome DLO on snakes! It was really interesting to read more about the flying snakes too. :)
    Phew, I am glad there are no snakes in New Zealand, I say leave them in Australia - I do not like them one bit!
    I once worked in America and on my ride home one night a snake slithered out in front of me on the road. I got such a fright I almost fell off my bike...I don't think I have ever ridden as fast as I did that day to get away from that snake. :)
    Do you like snakes?
    Would you like it if we bought them to New Zealand?

    Great job on these activities Lillyana :)

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete