Pages

Sunday 13 January 2019

Day 5 Here to Stay - Week 3 Up , Up and Away - Summer Learning Journey 2018 - 2019

W.A.L.T - TO COMPLETE ALL THE SLJ ACTIVITY'S

!!!SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY !! 
WEEK 3 - UP , UP AND AWAY
DAY 5 = HERE TO STAY

 Activity #2 & #3
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Activity 2: Changing Climates [4 points] 
Over the past decade, the climate in New Zealand (and around the world) has been changing. In fact, the climate has been getting warmer and warmer. While many of us like warm weather, climate change is not good news. Higher temperatures can cause glaciers to melt (leading to flooding) and increase the amount of rain that falls. Here in New Zealand, we have noticed the change. In fact, we sometimes have torrential (huge) rain storms causing flooding, landslides and road closures. When it starts to rain really hard, Aronui and I usually hide out in our lounge and play games like Yahtzee, Monopoly and Uno. If it rains all day, we will also spend some time reading, watching movies and baking. What about you?

 What do you like to do on a rainy day? On your blog, tell us about five things that you like to do when it is too rainy to go outside..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Presentation about Changing Climates / Rainy Day Activity's



Task Description : I deiced to do #24 things to do when its a rainy day instead of 5 since this is going 2nd to last week for SLJ ,  For this task for SLJ we had to create something or write some games and Things we would Do when it is  Rainy Day Outside . As you can see I have Created a presentation called #24 Things to do when it is a Rainy Day and In The start of the Presentation I deiced to do a small animation for the title . Hope you Enjoyed my Presentation !!!! 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Activity 3: Let It Rain [10 points]
 Over the past few decades, we have seen an increase in the amount of rain that falls here in New Zealand. We are lucky, however, that most of the rain that falls is regular rainwater and not polluted acid rain. Acid rain is rain that has bad chemicals (pollutants) in it. When acid rain hits the ground it can enter the water system, killing plants and animals. Click here to learn more about acid


rain. Let’s imagine that New Zealand was hit by a massive acid rain storm. Acidic rain fell for three days and three nights. When the rain fell, you stayed inside with your friends and family. When it stopped, however, you and your family decided to go for a walk outside. You opened the door and... On your blog, write a short story about what happened when you opened the door and walked outside after the acid rain storm. To earn full points, you must write a story that is 8 – 10 sentences long.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  My Story About The  Big Acidic Rain STORM                  
                                                             Image Attribution / Click Me 
It was a Hella Nightmare because there was a Big Acidic Rain STORM , However it stopped for 5 - 10 minutes and me and my family deiced to go outside . So we opened the door and the water almost got into our house so we deiced to go out so we did . We saw everyone outside so I deiced to call them to follow us so I yelled " Everyone Make sure to get your Family and follow us " Everyone said okay and they follow us . I saw a Large house that was  waterproof and Build strongly to hold any weather  . So I deiced to go " I yelled out Everyone quickly get inside before the water comes in " Every Family Rushed in before the water did . But there was a Little boy got stuck and his mother said " My Boy is Stuck HELP HELP HIM !!!! , So i Deiced to go and recuse him the water was up to my knees but that didn't stop me to rescue this poor boy just wanting to go to his family . It was difficult but i managed to get to him so I grab him and told him to hop on my back . Then Me and the boy Traveled in the water carefully before we hit something . After 2 minutes later the Acidic Rain Storm started so I took the boy to his mother and he maded it . Until I Tripped over something hard and I fell in the water but then I got up and said " I am Fine I am Fine " Then the people inside said " PHEWWWW " . Then I ran slowly in the water and I maded it . After I made it inside the Large House I quickly shut the door . Then Everyone said Thank you for telling us to come with you " I said " Your Welcome . As the water was rising there house's got filled with water init . I told them " I am Going to find some food and Blankets and stuff for you's 5 - 10 minutes later I founded lots of Blankets and Food . I handed out the Blankets / Pillows for everyone as well as the food . Then I grabbed my self some food and Pillow and a Blanket and said to Everyone " Just Stay in here What ever you do in here DO NOT GO OUTSIDE " 2 Days later the  Big Acidic Rain STORM Stopped but there were no Homes to go to .

THE END 

Task Description : For this task we had to write about an Big Acidic Rain STORM Story of our Own and tell you's on what happened in the  Big Acidic Rain STORM . So this task Was Based on Writing . This is my Story about the  Big Acidic Rain STORM Hope you Enjoyed reading my Story !!! What would you Do if there was a  Big Acidic Rain STORM ??????

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Task Description Overall : For the Whole Task For Day 5 Activity 2 & 3 we had to create something to tell the audience what they can do when's a rainy day and The other task we had to do a peice of writing of what we would do if it was Big Acidic Rain Storm Happening In New Zealand . I am So Sad Because when I move on to Week 4 It is The Last Week for Summer Learning Journey " NOOOOOOOOOO WHY " Anyways Stay safe in the holidays and have a blessed day and God Bless your family and friends and stay safe and make sure to tune in more today I will Most More Today !!! Baiiii for now :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey there Lillyana,

    Awesome and creative post you have created. I loved reading your story about the acid rain storm, which was really cool. You have putted in so much effort and added so many details in your piece of writing. Your writing about the acid rain storm will probably have to be my favourite overall as it's full of details and has everything in the right place. I loved how you've also added in some other characters in your writing and continued with the regular story. What are you going to do after the acid rain storm? Overall incredible work, hope to see you back blogging some more. See you at school, Hopefully.

    Ka Kite
    Hinerangi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hinerangi ,
      Sorry for the late reply but thank you so much for the amazing comment you have written !!! After the Acid Rain Storm I think the next part for the story is trying to find everyone a new home ... God bless you and your fam and friends enjoy the rest of your holidays !!!!

      Ka Kite ,
      Lillyana

      Delete
  2. Wow Lillyana, I LOVE your presentation about things to do when it's raining! I had to look at it a few times to work out how you had done that stop motion rain - what a cool idea! You have some great suggestions of things to do on a rainy day. I used to love dressing up and making huts when I was a kid. I could spend hours doing that with my friends!

    That's a pretty dramatic story about the acid rain! Like Hinerangi says, very creative, well done. I'm so glad you managed to save the little boy. You're a hero!

    Another great post, thank you!

    Best wishes,
    Ms Nalder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Ms Nalder ,
      Thank you so much for the amazing written comment !!! God Bless you and your family and friends and stay safe and enjoy the rest of your holidays !!!!

      Best Wishes for you and your family and friends for #2019 ,
      Lillyana

      Delete
  3. Hey there Lillyana, thanks for writing and sharing 24 different things to do on a rainy day. That's quite an accomplishment! I am so impressed that you've gone above and beyond what you needed to do. It's incredible that you wrote an extra 19 ideas.

    When it's raining outside I like to watch movies and television shows, eat hot food and drink hot cups of tea or coffee. Sometimes I'll play PS4 with my friends or even board games too. I like to read books and sleep in.

    What do you like to do on days when it's sunny and warm outside?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Billy ,
    Sorry for the Late Reply but Thank you so much for the Kind Comment you have written !!!! When it's Sunny and Warm outside I like to play games , Read Books , Have a little Picnic What about you ????

    Whats a family favourtive when sunny out ????

    Thanks , Lillyana.

    ReplyDelete